We have been retained by one of our valued clients, an award-winning ASX listed SaaS company, who develop and deliver innovative cloud software solutions for the financial services industry. With extensive capital invested into its people and technology this year the business is looking to create a new team focused on fully architecturally renovating the current platforms that can be scaled to accommodate new and emerging acquisitions.
We are hiring for the role Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Lead reporting to the Head of Technology. As a leader with deep technical skills, you will assist teams to design solutions, standardise development approaches and deliver changes incrementally whilst driving continuous improvement efforts for software in a balanced and sustainable way. You will lead through alignment to a common objective and empower teams to deliver quality solutions.
- You will lead a team of Site Reliability and Support Engineers that assist platform and development teams to respond to incidents and lead root cause analysis to continually improve the stability of the application.
- Work closely with architects and principal developers to provide technical leadership across all scrum teams to ensure the products built are delivered are consistent across teams and of a high standard.
- Use key delivery and operational metrics to identify and drive opportunities for improvement.
- Work with product managers, project managers and scrum masters to define and decompose product roadmaps.
- Ensure roadmap development includes key technical aspects which continually improve product ability.
- Work within your domain and across verticals to drive product strategy and architecture.
- Ensure all security and compliance obligations are met for development teams.
- Assist in building out the Tech Radar and drive change and improvements to all Techniques, Tools, Languages and Platforms.
- Ensure development standards and best practices are maintained.
- Assist QA teams with the design and use of the automation test frameworks.
- Drive skill development and support learning and development of your team and be a key contributor to the graduate program.
- Strong web development skills with a deep understanding of microservice architectures utilising docker containers.
- Good working knowledge of AWS, Postgres. Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- In-depth experience in implementing high performance development capabilities.
- Experience working in complex system architectures.
- Proven experience running and mentoring teams for high performance
- Experience implementing continuous delivery, agile and lean practices with delivery teams.
- Demonstrated experience in driving continual improvement, ensuring there is strong alignment to desired business outcomes.
We are looking for People Leader who is passionate about coaching and mentoring teams towards high performance and high-quality whist being involved in the day-to-day technical aspects of the business.
If this sounds like your next great opportunity, apply today with your CV in WORD format.
- Sydney CBD location (hybrid WFH & office based)
- $185k base + super + bonus
- Lead a high quality and performing team